I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Abciximab||0 people have prescribed Abciximab|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you are 65 or older, use this medicine with caution. You could have more side effects.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Bleeding problems.
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Irritation where the shot is given.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Falls or accidents, especially if you hit your head. Talk with healthcare provider even if you feel fine.
• Chest pain or pressure.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Severe headache.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Unusual bruising or bleeding.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.