I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Acetaminophen, Caffeine, and Dihydrocodeine||0 people have prescribed Acetaminophen, Caffeine, and Dihydrocodeine|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• This medicine may be habit-forming with long-term use.
• Avoid other sources of acetaminophen. An overdose may cause dangerous problems.
• Be careful if you have G6PD deficiency. Anemia may occur.
• If you have lung disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Limit caffeine (for example, tea, coffee, cola) and chocolate intake. Use with this medicine may cause nervousness, shakiness, and fast heartbeat.
• You may not be alert. Avoid driving, doing other tasks or activities until you see how this medicine affects you.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor) or other medicines and natural products that slow your actions and reactions.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling lightheaded, sleepy, having blurred vision, or a change in thinking clearly. Avoid driving, doing other tasks or activities that require you to be alert or have clear vision until you see how this medicine affects you.
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Liver damage can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Yellow skin or eyes.
• Not able to eat.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.