I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Acetaminophen||0 people have prescribed Acetaminophen|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Avoid other sources of acetaminophen. An overdose may cause dangerous problems.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid or limit alcohol intake (includes wine, beer, and liquor) to less than 3 drinks a day. Drinking too much alcohol may increase the risk of liver disease.
• If you have PKU, talk with healthcare provider. Some products do contain phenylalanine.
• Be careful if you have G6PD deficiency. Anemia may occur.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Liver damage can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Severe belly pain.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Yellow skin or eyes.
• Not able to eat.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.