I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Acetazolamide||0 people have prescribed Acetazolamide|
(a set a ZOLE a mide)
• This medicine is used to get rid of extra fluid.
• This medicine is used to prevent altitude sickness.
• This medicine is used to prevent or control seizures.
• This medicine is used to treat glaucoma.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have been taking this medicine for several weeks, talk with healthcare provider before stopping. You may want to gradually withdraw this medicine.
• This medicine has little effect on symptoms of altitude sickness once they occur.
• Follow laws about driving with a seizure condition.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Be careful if you have G6PD deficiency. Anemia may occur.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.