I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Acetylcysteine||0 people have prescribed Acetylcysteine|
(a se teel SIS teen)
• This medicine is used to prevent damage after acetaminophen overdose.
• This medicine is used to prevent kidney damage caused by dye studies.
• This medicine is used to thin secretions so they can be removed from the body by coughing.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Wear disease medical alert identification.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad...