I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Active Hexose Correlated Compound||0 people have prescribed Active Hexose Correlated Compound|
What Is AHCC Used for Today?
AHCC is primarily advocated as an aid to cancer treatment , said to improve survival in people undergoing treatment for liver cancer and other forms of cancer. However, current evidence that it works is far too preliminary to be taken as meaningful, consisting as it does only of animal studies and a few entirely inadequate human trials. 1 2 3 Only double-blind studies can actually prove a treatment effective, and none have yet been performed on AHCC. (For information on why this type of study is essential, see Why Does This Database Depend on Double-Blind Studies? )
Other proposed uses of AHCC have even weaker supporting evidence. These include decreasing chemotherapy side effects , 4 reducing cancer risk , 5 treating inflammatory bowel disease , 6 and generally enhancing immune function . 7 8 9 10 11
- Kitade H, Mtsui S, Takai S, et al. Preventive effect of active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) on the recurrence of postoperative hepatocellular carcinoma. On file with manufacturer: Kosuna Osaka/Sapporo. Japan.
- Cowawintaweewat S, Manoromana S, Sriplung H, Khuhaprema T, Tongtawe P, Tapchaisri P, Chaicumpa W. Prognostic improvement of patients with advanced liver cancer after active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) treatment. Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol. 24(1):33-45.
- Matsui Y, Uhara J, Satoi S, Kaibori M, Yamada H, Kitade H, Imamura A, Takai S, Kawaguchi Y, Kwon AH, Kamiyama Y. Improved prognosis of postoperative hepatocellular carcinoma patients when treated with functional foods: a prospective cohort study. J Hepatol. 37(1):78-86.
- Hirose A, Sato E, Fujii H, Sun B, Nishioka H, Aruoma OI. The influence of active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) on cisplatin-evoked chemotherapeutic and side effects in tumor-bearing mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 222(2):152-8.
- Gao Y, Zhang D, Sun B, Fujii H, Kosuna K, Yin Z. Active hexose correlated compound enhances tumor surveillance through regulating both innate and adaptive immune responses. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 55(10):1258-66.
- Daddaoua A, Martínez-Plata E, López-Posadas R, Vieites JM, González M, Requena P, Zarzuelo A, Suárez MD, de Medina FS, Martínez-Augustin O. Active hexose correlated compound acts as a prebiotic and is antiinflammatory in rats with hapten-induced colitis. J Nutr. 137(5):1222-8.
- Aviles H, O'Donnell P, Sun B, Sonnenfeld G. Active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) enhances resistance to infection in a mouse model of surgical wound infection. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 7(6):527-35.
- Ritz BW, Nogusa S, Ackerman EA, Gardner EM. Supplementation with active hexose correlated compound increases the innate immune response of young mice to primary influenza infection. J Nutr. 136(11):2868-73.
- Aviles H, Belay T, Vance M, et al. Active hexose correlated compound enhances the immune function of mice in the hindlimb-unloading model of spaceflight conditions. J Appl Physiol. 2004;97:1437-1444.
- Ikeda T, Ishibashi H, Fujisaki R et al. Prophylactic efficacy of a basidiomycetes preparation AHCC against lethal Candida albicans infection in experimental granulocytopenic mice. Nippon Ishinkin Gakkai Zasshi. 2003;44:127-131.
- Aviles H, Belay T, Fountain K, Vance M, Sun B, Sonnenfeld G. Active hexose correlated compound enhances resistance to Klebsiella pneumoniae infection in mice in the hindlimb-unloading model of spaceflight conditions. J Appl Physiol. 95(2):491-6.