I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Adenosine||0 people have prescribed Adenosine|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have asthma, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Adenoscan®: If you are taking aminophylline, dipyridamole, theophylline, or any medicine containing caffeine, talk with healthcare provider. These medicines can affect how well Adenoscan® works.
• Adenoscan®: Do not eat or drink anything containing caffeine (for example, tea, coffee, cola, and chocolate) for 12 hours before using Adenoscan®.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Irritation where the shot is given.
• Throat, neck, or jaw pain.
• Low blood pressure.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Irregular or slow heartbeat.
• Chest pain or pressure.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.