Agalsidase Alfa Overview
(aye GAL si days AL fa)
• Dangerous allergic reactions can occur. Tell healthcare provider about any fever, rash, feeling tired, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, belly pain, flu-like symptoms, sore throat, cough, or difficulty breathing. Do not restart this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction.
• This medicine does not mix well with some medicines. Serious reactions may occur. Check all medicines with healthcare provider.
• If you have an allergy to agalsidase alfa or any other part of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
• Agalsidase alfa acts as an enzyme replacement.
• This medicine is given as a shot into a vein over a period of time.
• Call healthcare provider for appointment.
• You will be monitored closely by healthcare provider.
• This medicine will be given to you in a healthcare setting. You will not store it at home.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
Created: 2007-05-29 12:31:16.0
Modified: 2010-03-22 13:14:21.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.