I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Alfuzosin||0 people have prescribed Alfuzosin|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
• If you are having cataract surgery, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have low blood pressure, talk with healthcare provider.
• Be careful in hot weather. Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Feeling tired or weak.
• Change in sexual ability or desire. This is usually reversible.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Chest pain or pressure.
• Severe headache.
• Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.