I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Alitretinoin||0 people have prescribed Alitretinoin|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Do not donate blood while using this medicine.
• Do not use this medicine with insect repellents that contain N, N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET).
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid other sources of vitamin A.
• Do not put coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) over the area unless told to do so by healthcare provider.
• Limit alcohol intake (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Use birth control that you can trust 1 month before treatment starts, during treatment, and for at least 1 month after treatment ends.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Skin irritation.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe skin irritation.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.