I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Alitretinoin||0 people have prescribed Alitretinoin|
(a li TRET i noyn)
• This medicine is used to treat skin lesions in patients with AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.
• It may take 3 months to see the full effect.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Do not donate blood while using this medicine.
• Do not use this medicine with insect repellents that contain N, N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET).
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid other sources of vitamin A.
• Do not put coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) over the area unless told to do so by healthcare provider.
• Limit alcohol intake (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Use birth control that you can trust 1 month before treatment starts, during treatment, and for at least 1 month after treatment ends.