I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Almotriptan||0 people have prescribed Almotriptan|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Use caution if you have risk factors for heart disease (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, overweight, diabetes, cigarette smoking, male older than 40 years of age, other family members with early heart disease, postmenopausal female). Talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• You may not be alert. Avoid driving, doing other tasks or activities until you see how this medicine affects you.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Feeling lightheaded, sleepy, having blurred vision, or a change in thinking clearly. Avoid driving, doing other tasks or activities that require you to be alert or have clear vision until you see how this medicine affects you.
• Dry mouth. Frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Chest pain or pressure, fast heartbeat, or passing out.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Significant change in balance.
• Agitation, twitching, sweating, or muscle stiffness.
• Very nervous and excitable.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Change in strength on one side greater than the other, difficulty speaking or thinking, change in balance, or blurred vision.
• Severe headache or no headache relief after the first dose.
• Severe belly pain or bloody diarrhea.
• Numbness or tingling of hands or feet.
• Sudden change in vision, eye pain, or irritation.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.