Alprostadil Side Effects and Warnings
#What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Do not donate blood while using this medicine and for 1 month after stopping.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• To protect against sexually-transmitted diseases, use a latex condom.
• Muse®: Use a condom when having sex with a pregnant woman.
#What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Penile pain.
• Irritation where the medicine is given.
#Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Penile erection that lasts longer than 4 hours.
• Chest pain or pressure or fast heartbeat.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Severe penile pain.
• Unusual bruising or bleeding.
• Severe skin irritation.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.