Aluminum Chloride Hexahydrate Overview
(a LOO mi num KLOR ide heks a HYE drate)
Created: 2005-04-07 16:16:45.0
Modified: 2010-03-09 08:17:53.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
How does it work?
• Aluminum chloride hexahydrate decreases sweating.
How is it best taken?
• Do not take this medicine by mouth. For skin only. Keep out of mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
• Wash hands before and after use.
• Clean affected area before use. Make sure to dry well.
• Apply a thin layer to the affected area at bedtime.
• Wash affected area in the morning, and pat dry.
How should I store this medicine?
• Store at room temperature.
• Protect from heat.
Mexican Brand Names
Topical Skin Product
Reasons not to take this medicine
• If you have an allergy to aluminum chloride hexahydrate or any other part of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
U.S. Brand Names
Certain Dri® [OTC]; Drysol™; Hypercare™; Xerac AC™
What do I do if I miss a dose? (does not apply to patients in the hospital)
• Apply a missed dose as soon as possible.
• If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule.
• Do not apply a double dose or extra doses.
• Many times this medicine is used on an as needed basis.
What should I monitor?
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
• Follow up with healthcare provider.