I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Alvimopan||0 people have prescribed Alvimopan|
(al vi MOE pan)
• This medicine is used to improve bowel function after surgery.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Belly pain.
• Constipation. More liquids, regular exercise, or a fiber-containing diet may help. Talk with healthcare provider about a stool softener or laxative.
• Back pain.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or...