I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Amifostine||0 people have prescribed Amifostine|
(am i FOS teen)
• This medicine is used to decrease the side effects of certain cancer or radiation therapies.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you are taking medicine for high blood pressure, talk with healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider may ask you to skip that medicine the day before and on the morning of treatment.
• If you have low calcium levels, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have had a stroke, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Nausea or vomiting....