I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Amlodipine and Valsartan||0 people have prescribed Amlodipine and Valsartan|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Wear disease medical alert identification.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Talk with healthcare provider before using over-the-counter products that may increase blood pressure. These include cough or cold remedies, diet pills, stimulants, ibuprofen or like products, and certain natural products or supplements.
• If you are taking potassium-containing salt substitutes, potassium-sparing diuretics, or potassium supplements, talk with healthcare provider.
• Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
• Limit alcohol intake (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Be careful in hot weather. Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• High potassium level. Signs include feeling weak, lightheaded, dizzy, feel like passing out, or have numbness or tingling.
• Worsening kidney function.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Fast heartbeat.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Severe headache.
• Signs of high potassium.
• Excessive perspiration, dehydration, vomiting, or diarrhea. May lead to low blood pressure.
• Persistent cough.
• For females, if you become pregnant while taking this medicine.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.