Amphotericin B Cholesteryl Sulfate Complex Overview
(am foe TER i sin bee kole LES te ril SUL fate KOM plecks)
Created: 2006-10-13 10:38:48.0
Modified: 2010-03-19 10:55:27.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
• Amphotericin works to injure the yeast and fight the infection.
• This medicine is given as a shot into a vein over a period of time.
• Store at room temperature.
• Protect from light.
Antifungal Agent, Parenteral
• If you have an allergy to amphotericin or any other part of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
• If you are breast-feeding.
• Call healthcare provider for appointment.
• This medicine does not mix well with some medicines. Serious reactions may occur. Check all medicines with healthcare provider.
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
• Check blood work (potassium, magnesium, kidney function). Talk with healthcare provider.