I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Amphotericin B (Lipid Complex)||0 people have prescribed Amphotericin B (Lipid Complex)|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• You may need potassium or magnesium supplements. Talk with healthcare provider.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Flu-like symptoms. These include headache, weakness, fever, shakes, aches, pains, and sweating. You may be given medicine before this shot to prevent these symptoms.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Low potassium level. Signs include feeling tired, weak, numbness, or tingling; muscle cramps; constipation; vomiting; or fast heartbeat.
• Change in balance.
• Worsening kidney function.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Fast heartbeat.
• Significant change in balance.
• Significant weight gain.
• Severe swelling.
• Unable to pass urine.
• Cloudy or pink-red urine.
• Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
• Severe belly pain.
• Severe diarrhea.
• Not able to eat.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Severe muscle pain or weakness.
• Numbness or tingling of hands or feet.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.