I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Aprotinin||0 people have prescribed Aprotinin|
(a proe TYE nin)
• This medicine is used to reduce bleeding during heart surgery.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have had heart surgery in the past 12 months, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Irritation where the shot is given.
• Heart attack may rarely occur.
• Kidney damage can rarely occur.
• Stroke may rarely occur.