I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Armodafinil||0 people have prescribed Armodafinil|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• This medicine may be habit-forming with long-term use.
• If you abuse drugs, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have mental illness, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Limit caffeine (for example, tea, coffee, cola) and chocolate intake. Use with this medicine may cause nervousness, shakiness, and fast heartbeat.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Birth control pills and other hormone-based birth control may not work to prevent pregnancy. Use another form of birth control while taking this medicine and for 1 month after treatment ends.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nervous and excitable.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Inability to sleep.
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Dry mouth. Frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Severe allergic reactions can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Chest pain or pressure or fast heartbeat.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Very nervous and excitable.
• Severe headache.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.