I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Controller Medicines||0 people have prescribed Controller Medicines|
Effect of Controller Medicines on Asthma
This type of asthma treatment can help in prevention of the symptoms of asthma.
Examples of controller or preventative asthma medicines include:
- Inhaled cortico-steroids such as Aerobid, Asmanex, Azmacort, Flovent HFA, Pulmicort (available as a Turbuhaler an Respules for use with nebulizers for children), and Qvar
- Advair, a combination corticosteroid and a long-acting beta2 agonist
- Leukotriene receptor antagonists, such as Singulair, Accolate, and Zyflo
- Long-acting beta2 agonists, such as Serevent Diskus and Foradil
- Other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory controller asthma medications including Intal and Tilade
- Xolair injections for with allergic asthma
It is important to remember that a controller asthma medicine won't treat or stop an asthma attack. Your health care provider may recommend that you increase your controller medicine during an asthma attack, but that is always in addition to using a quick relief asthma treatment.
Quick Relief Asthma Medicines
These types of asthma treatments provide relief of asthmatic symptoms. They are usually administered with a nebulizer for children and dose inhaler for adults. Young children often use an inhaler with a spacer or a spacer and mask.
Read more details about Controller Medicines.
FoundHealth has 13 treatments for Asthma!
See all Asthma Treatment options and start building your care plan today.