I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Atorvastatin||0 people have prescribed Atorvastatin|
(a TORE va sta tin)
• This medicine is used to prevent heart attacks.
• This medicine is used to prevent strokes.
• This medicine is used to lower cholesterol and other harmful types of cholesterol in the body. Good cholesterol (HDL) levels increase.
• This medicine is used to decrease triglycerides.
• This medicine is used to slow the progress of heart disease.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take colestipol or cholestyramine within 4 hours of this medicine.
• Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
• Avoid or limit alcohol intake (includes wine, beer, and liquor) to less than 3 drinks a day. Drinking too much alcohol may increase the risk of liver disease.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?