I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Atovaquone||0 people have prescribed Atovaquone|
(a TOE va kwone)
• This medicine is used to prevent Pneumocystis jirovecipneumonia.
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat a brain infection.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy in HIV disease.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Belly pain.
• Muscle weakness.
• Inability to sleep.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call...