I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Azathioprine||0 people have prescribed Azathioprine|
(ay za THYE oh preen)
• This medicine is used to prevent rejection after organ transplant.
• This medicine is used to treat arthritis.
• This medicine is used to treat diseases of the immune system.
• This medicine is used to treat Crohn's disease.
• This medicine is used to treat ulcerative colitis.
• It may take weeks to months to see the full effect in some diseases.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you are 65 or older, use this medicine with caution. You could have more side effects.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have a thiopurine methyltransferase deficiency, talk with healthcare provider.
• Talk with healthcare provider before receiving any vaccinations. Use with this medicine may either increase the risk of serious infection or make the vaccination less effective.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Talk with healthcare provider before using other: aspirin, aspirin-containing products, blood thinners, garlic, ginseng, ginkgo, ibuprofen or like products,...