I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Beclomethasone||0 people have prescribed Beclomethasone|
(be kloe METH a sone)
U.S. Brand Names
Beconase® AQ; QVAR®
Canadian Brand Names
Apo-Beclomethasone®; Gen-Beclo; Mylan-Beclo AQ; Nu-Beclomethasone; Propaderm®; QVAR®; Rivanase AQ; Vanceril® AEM
Mexican Brand Names
Beclazone; Beconase; Becotide; Dobipro; Qvar
Corticosteroid, Inhalant (Oral); Corticosteroid, Nasal
What key warnings should I know about before taking this medicine?
• When switching from an oral steroid to an inhaled one, there can be problems. Symptoms such as weakness, feeling tired, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, inability to think clearly, or low blood sugar may occur. Call healthcare provider right away if you have any of these symptoms. If you have a serious accident and are injured, have surgery, or any type of infection, you may need extra doses of oral steroids. These extra steroids will help your body deal with these stresses. Carry a warning card saying that you may need extra steroids at certain times.
• This medicine does not mix well with many medicines. Serious reactions may occur. Check all medicines with healthcare provider.
Reasons not to take this medicine
• If you have an allergy to beclomethasone or any other part of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
• If you are having a breathing attack.
How does it work?
• Beclomethasone prevents or reduces irritation and swelling.
• It blocks the allergic reaction by minimizing or preventing the body's reaction to the allergen.
How is it best taken?
• For inhaling (puffing) only.
• Shake aerosol well before use.
• Rinse out mouth after each use.
• A spacer can be used with the inhaler for easier delivery. Children younger than 8 years of age should use a spacer.
• If you are using an inhaled bronchodilator, wait 10 minutes before using this medicine.
• Check inhaler use with healthcare provider at each visit. Read and follow all instructions provided with inhaler. Using the inhaler the right way is very important.
• Do not take this medicine by mouth. For the nose only. Keep out of mouth and eyes (may burn).
• Shake well before use.
• Blow your nose before use.
• Check spray use with healthcare provider at each visit. Read and follow all instructions provided with spray. Using the spray the right way is very important.
What do I do if I miss a dose? (does not apply to patients in the hospital)
• Use a missed dose as soon as possible.
• If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule.
• Do not use a double dose or extra doses.
• Do not change dose or stop medicine. Talk with healthcare provider.
What should I monitor?
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
• If using for asthma, the number of asthma attacks.
• Follow up with healthcare provider.
How should I store this medicine?
• Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
• Protect from light.
• Store at room temperature.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
Created: 2006-10-13 10:54:05.0
Modified: 2010-03-25 14:10:31.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.