I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Bee Products||0 people have prescribed Bee Products|
As a widely consumed food, honey is believed to be quite safe. However, infants younger than 12 months should not consume honey, due to the risk of infant botulism. Honey may contain slight amounts of pollen. However, it appears that allergy to honey is uncommon among pollen-allergic people.1
Several cases of serious allergic reactions to bee pollen have been reported in the medical literature, including anaphylaxis,2 an acute allergic response which can be life threatening. The anaphylactic reactions occurred within 20 to 30 minutes of ingesting fairly small amounts of bee pollen—in one case less than a teaspoon. The majority of these case reports involved people with known allergies to pollen. Similarly, royal jelly is safe for most people but might cause an allergic reaction in...