I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Benzocaine, Butamben, and Tetracaine||0 people have prescribed Benzocaine, Butamben, and Tetracaine|
(BEN zoe kane, byoo TAM ben, & TET ra kane)
• This medicine is used to numb an area before a procedure.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Use caution on skin where a large area is involved or where there are open wounds.
• Do not eat while your mouth feels numb. You may injure yourself by biting your tongue.
• Do not put coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) over the area unless told to do so by healthcare provider.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Skin irritation.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department...