I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Benzocaine||0 people have prescribed Benzocaine|
(BEN zoe kane)
• This medicine is used to treat symptoms of hemorrhoids or rectal irritation.
• This medicine is used to relieve the pain caused by sunburn and skin irritation.
• This medicine is used to relieve pain from a toothache, sore throat, or canker sore.
• This medicine is used to numb an area of the skin before a procedure.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Use caution on skin where a large area is involved or where there are open wounds.
• Do not eat while your mouth feels numb. You may injure yourself by biting your tongue.
• Do not put coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) over the area unless told to do so by healthcare provider.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have lung disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you smoke, talk with healthcare provider.