I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Breast Augmentation||0 people have prescribed Breast Augmentation|
Breast augmentation is a surgery to increase the size or change the shape of your breasts.
- Cosmetic reasons—to increase breast size, make breasts symmetric, or improve breast shape and/or contour
- Reconstructive reasons—to increase the size of breasts that have been injured or after surgery (eg, following mastectomy for breast cancer)
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have a breast augmentation, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
- Abnormal scarring
- Painful and/or restricted arm and shoulder motion
- Uneven appearance of breasts, either due to position or size
- Implant hardens, ruptures, leaks, or deflates
- Implant may make cancer detection (through mammogram and/or self-exam) more difficult
- Decreased sensation
This is an elective surgery. If you have any illnesses or you are in poor health for any reason, you should not undergo this procedure.
Call Your Doctor
After you leave the hospital, contact your doctor if any of the...