I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Breast MRI||0 people have prescribed Breast MRI|
MRI uses magnetic fields to make images of the inside of the body. A computer produces two- and three-dimensional pictures. MRI of the breast uses an MRI to evaluate breast tissue.
Breast MRI can be used to:
- Evaluate breast abnormalities seen on mammography
- Identify breast abnormalities in women (and in some cases, men) with dense breast tissue, implants, or scar tissue
- Examine breast implants
- Examine scar tissue
- Evaluate the progress of breast cancer treatment
- Identify cysts or enlarged breast ducts
- Examine lymph nodes near the breast
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
Call Your Doctor
After the test, call your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Worsening of your symptoms
- Any allergic or abnormal symptoms, like a rash or swelling if you were injected with contrast dye
In case of an emergency, CALL 911.