I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Breast Reconstruction||0 people have prescribed Breast Reconstruction|
Click here to view an animated version of this procedure.
The goal of the procedure is to create a reconstructed breast that appears as similar to the natural breast as possible.
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have a breast reconstruction, your doctor will review a list of possible complications which may include:
- Abnormal scarring
- Painful and/or restricted arm and shoulder motion
- Uneven appearance of breasts, due either to position or size
- Implant may harden, rupture, or leak
- Implant may make cancer detection (through mammogram and/or self-exam) more difficult
- Newly reconstructed breast will not have nerve sensation
Some factors that may increase the risk of complications include:
- Bleeding disorder
- Chronic illness or debilitation (eg, heart disease, lung disease) ...