I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Calcitonin||0 people have prescribed Calcitonin|
(kal si TOE nin)
• This medicine is used to treat osteoporosis in postmenopausal females.
• This medicine is used to treat Paget's disease.
• This medicine is used to treat high calcium levels.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Flushing. Wearing layers of clothes or summer clothes and cool environment may help.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Nasal irritation.
• Irritation where the shot is given.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing;...