I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Calcium Acetate||0 people have prescribed Calcium Acetate|
(KAL see um AS e tate)
• This medicine is used to promote proper growth and good health.
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat osteoporosis.
• This medicine is used to lower high phosphate levels.
• This medicine is used to treat heartburn and indigestion.
• This medicine is used to prevent and treat low calcium levels.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
• Try to separate other medicines from this one by 2 hours. This medicine prevents absorption of many medicines.
• Do not take iron, zinc, or folic acid within 2 hours of this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Constipation. More liquids, regular exercise, or a fiber-containing diet may help. Talk with healthcare provider about...