I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Calcium Polystyrene Sulfonate||0 people have prescribed Calcium Polystyrene Sulfonate|
(KAL see um pol i STI reen sul fo NATE)
• This medicine is used to treat high potassium levels.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take antacids within 2 hours of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Constipation. More liquids, regular exercise, or a fiber-containing diet may help. Talk with healthcare provider about a stool softener or laxative.
• Not hungry.
• Low potassium level. Signs...