Capsaicin Side Effects and Warnings
Side Effects and Warnings
#What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Use caution on skin where a large area is involved or where there are open wounds.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
#What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Skin irritation.
• Burning or stinging sensation. Usually goes away after a few days when using medicine as directed.
#Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe skin irritation.
• Severe pain.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.