I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Chlorhexidine Gluconate||0 people have prescribed Chlorhexidine Gluconate|
(klor HEKS i deen GLOO koe nate)
• This medicine is used to prevent and treat mouth infections.
• This medicine is used to clean the skin.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
• If you have front-tooth fillings or other gum problems, talk with healthcare provider.
• Protect clothing and fabrics from staining.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Mouth and lip irritation. Frequent mouth care with a soft toothbrush or cotton swabs and rinsing mouth may help.
• Abnormal taste. This is usually reversible.
• Skin irritation.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately