I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Cidofovir||0 people have prescribed Cidofovir|
(si DOF o veer)
• This medicine is used to treat a viral infection of the eyes.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Be careful about taking vaccinations while you are receiving this medicine.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• To protect against sexually-transmitted diseases, use a latex condom.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy in HIV disease.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Hair loss. Hair usually grows back when medicine is stopped.
• Worsening kidney function can rarely occur.
• Low white blood cell count can rarely occur.