Tried or prescribed Cisapride (removed from market - there may be special cases where you can still get cisapride)? Share your experience. Have you?
(SIS a pride)
• This medicine is used in patients receiving tube feedings who have high residuals.
• This medicine is used to treat heartburn.
• This medicine is used to treat constipation.
• This medicine is used to treat poor stomach emptying.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have a weakened heart, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
• Avoid alcohol, quit smoking, elevate head of the bed, avoid large meals before bed, lose weight, and avoid fatty foods, chocolate, caffeine, or citrus.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Belly pain.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department...