I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Colistimethate||0 people have prescribed Colistimethate|
(koe lis ti METH ate)
• This medicine is used to treat a variety of bacterial infections.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Belly pain.
• Slurred speech.
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Worsening kidney function.
• Lung damage can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.