I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Colon Polypectomy||0 people have prescribed Colon Polypectomy|
The purpose of the surgery is to remove a polyp. It is done for cancer prevention.
In rare cases, larger polyps can cause troublesome symptoms, such as rectal bleeding, abdominal pain, and bowel irregularities. A polyp removal will relieve these symptoms.
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have a polypectomy, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
- Damage to the colon wall
- Adverse reaction to the sedative
Factors that may increase the risk of complications include:
- Type, size, and location of the polyp
- Patient factors, such as blood-clotting disorders, substance abuse, or other diseases (eg, obesity , diabetes )
Call Your Doctor
After arriving home, contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Signs of infection, including fever and chills
- Redness, swelling, increasing pain, excessive bleeding, or discharge from the rectum (Up to ½ cup of blood per...