I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Cystolitholapaxy||0 people have prescribed Cystolitholapaxy|
This is a procedure to break up bladder stones into smaller pieces and remove them. Bladder stones are minerals that have built up in the bladder. Ultrasonic waves or lasers may be delivered through a tool called a cystoscope to break up the stones.
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
This procedure is done to treat bladder stones.
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have a cystolitholapaxy, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
- Urinary tract infection
- Bladder tear or damage
- Reaction to the anesthesia
- Damage to internal tissue or structures
Be sure to discuss these risks with your doctor before the procedure.
Call Your Doctor
After arriving home, contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Increasing pressure or pain while passing urine
- Pain in the back or abdomen
- Not able to urinate
- Changes in frequency, odor, appearance, or volume of urine
- Signs of infection, including fever or chills
- Blood in...