I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Dapsone (Systemic)||0 people have prescribed Dapsone (Systemic)|
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat infections caused by Pneumocystis jirovecipneumonia.
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat a variety of bacterial infections.
• This medicine is used to treat dermatitis herpetiformis (a skin irritation).
• This medicine is used to treat leprosy.
• This medicine may be used to prevent or treat toxoplasmosis.
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat malaria.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have anemia, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Be careful if you have G6PD deficiency. Anemia may occur.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or...