I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Detoxification||0 people have prescribed Detoxification|
The concept of detoxification plays a major role in many schools of alternative medicine, including Ayurveda , naturopathy and chiropractic . In this context, the term refers to a belief that toxins accumulated in the body are a major cause of disease, and that health can be promoted by removing them through various means.
The toxins referred to in this theory are said to have several major sources:
- Chemicals added to processed foods, such as preservatives
- Chemicals that enter the food chain through the use of pesticides, artificial fertilizers, and drugs given to food animals
- Toxins produced in the intestines due to improper digestion
- Toxins produced in the bloodstream due to stress
- Pharmaceutical medications, nearly all of which are regarded as...
The safety of detoxification methods varies widely. While drinking a quart of water a day is undoubtedly benign and mercury-filling removal is unlikely to harm anything but one’s pocketbook, other methods might be risky. High colonics have occasionally resulted in serious internal injury, and intravenous therapies, being highly invasive, must be handled with a certain degree of sophistication to avoid causing harm. Considering that detoxification has not been proven useful, we recommend sticking to the more moderate of its various methods if you wish to try it at all.