I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Dexrazoxane||0 people have prescribed Dexrazoxane|
(deks ray ZOKS ane)
• This medicine is used to decrease the side effects of doxorubicin.
• This medicine is used to prevent skin damage from certain medicines.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Risk of infection. Avoid people with infections, colds, or flu.
• Flu-like symptoms. These include headache, weakness, fever, shakes, aches, pains, and sweating. Mild pain medicine may help.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Anemia, low white blood cell count, and low platelet count.
• Irritation where the shot is given.