I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Diagnostic Ultrasound of the Abdomen||0 people have prescribed Diagnostic Ultrasound of the Abdomen|
In case of emergency, call 911.
An ultrasound is used to find problems inside the abdominal cavity. It can show organs and movement. An ultrasound is most often done for the following reasons:
- To diagnose an injury or disease
- To help determine the cause of abdominal pain
- To identify gallbladder stones or kidney stones
- To assess masses in the abdomen
- To help determine why an internal organ is enlarged
- To examine the baby and womb in pregnant women
- To evaluate changes or problems in the blood vessels
In most cases, there are no complications with this test.
Call Your Doctor
After the test, call your doctor if the symptoms you had before the test become worse.