I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Doppler Ultrasound||0 people have prescribed Doppler Ultrasound|
This test uses sound waves to examine parts of the body. It specifically looks at fluid motion in the blood vessels.
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
Doppler ultrasound is used to:
- View abnormal flow of blood through vessels and/or the heart
- View and evaluate blockages to blood flow, such as clots
- Assess build-up of plaque inside a vessel
- Monitor blood flow through repaired blood vessels, like bypass grafts
- Examine a baby during a high-risk pregnancy
In most cases, there are no complications with this test.
Call Your Doctor
After the test, call your doctor if symptoms become worse.
In case of emergency, call 911.