I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Esomeprazole||0 people have prescribed Esomeprazole|
(es oh ME pray zol)
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat gastrointestinal ulcers caused by infection.
• This medicine is used to prevent or treat ulcers of the esophagus (swallowing tube).
• This medicine is used to treat syndromes caused by huge amounts of stomach acid.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Use caution if you have risk factors for osteoporosis (alcohol use, cigarette smoking, other family members with osteoporosis, taking medicines to treat seizures, taking steroids).
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Hip, spine, or wrist fractures may rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an...