I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Filgrastim||0 people have prescribed Filgrastim|
(fil GRA stim)
• This medicine is used to treat cancer patients who have had severe bone marrow problems caused by chemotherapy.
• This medicine is used to increase stem cells.
• This medicine is used to treat low white blood cell counts.
• This medicine is used to treat myelodysplasia.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• If you have sickle cell disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Bone pain.
• Short-term discomfort after use.
• Feeling tired or weak.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.