I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Finasteride||0 people have prescribed Finasteride|
(fi NAS teer ide)
• This medicine is used to improve hair growth in male pattern baldness. It may take 3 months to see the full effect.
• This medicine is used to treat the symptoms of an enlarged prostate. It may take several months to see the full effect.
• This medicine is used to prevent prostate cancer.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Do not donate blood while using this medicine and for 1 month after stopping.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Pregnant females should not handle crushed or broken tablets.
• If you are a male and sexually active, protect your partner from pregnancy. Use birth control that you can trust.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Change in sexual ability or desire. This is usually reversible.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.